April 29, 2005

Vacation, All I Ever Needed...

We all love vacations. I just returned in March from a week long vacation in Florida. It was great. That got me to thinking. If you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation where would you go? Now this vacation must be for you. I would like to take my wife to Hawaii, but that is for her, so it does not count. Taking the family to Disney World would not count unless that is your dream vacation.

I would chose the following:

1. Oregon. I have been there countless times before. Now that the Portland airport is done flying in is great. While their politics leaves a bit to be desired, Portland is a beautiful city. There are great restaurants ranging from steaks at the Ringside to seafood at Salty's. The downtown is a great place to hang out and have a few drinks. The Pacific Coast is magnificent. The giant trees in the Coastal range are spectacular. I love the views of Mt Hood, Mt. Adams, and Mt. St. Helens. Most special is the Columbia River Gorge. If you have not made the trip from Portland to The Dalles, you are missing one of the wonders of nature. Travel the old highway to Multonomah Falls and take in the view. You will not be disappointed.

2. Bavaria I have been there several times, and I have not scratched the surface of what I want to see (and drink). Plus I've old friends there I want to see again.

3. Australia. I have never been there, and I want to see the land down under.

How about you? I am willing to bet that no one will choose Indiana as their dream destination.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger