May 24, 2005

Some days are too lousy for words.

I am supposed to be on vacation this week. It was the plan to plant some flowers, clean up the garage, spruce up the house in general, and help prepare for my daughter's graduation this weekend. "Supposed to be on vacation" is the opperative phrase.

My boss is located in Europe. He called at 1:30 am Sunday/Monday to tell me I needed to give him certain information for a meeting he has this week with our largest customer. The purchasing HQ for this company is in Europe. They are my largest customer in the US and our company's in Europe as well. I asked him early last week if he needded this information compliled. He said no. So I spent over 5 hours on Monday getting him ready for his meeting.

This morning he called and said the general information on shipping history, forecast analysis etc. had to now be done for EVERY part number. Today. Now I have spent more than 8 hours in the office today getting that analysis done.

The wife is bitching becasue I am not getting the work at home done. The boss is bitching becasue I am not getting his stuff fast enough.

Well, the paying boss is taken care of. 6:00 untill 2:15 today. I am not answering my cell phone tomorrow morning.

Now I have to do three days worth of home tasks in one on Wednesday! I guess that will limit my cigar and beer time I had planned each afternoon. Not likely.

Man, It is great to be me. In the interim, have patience, maybe I'll come up with something pithy for the morrow.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger