July 15, 2005

I Hate That Gnome


Am I the only one out there that thinks the Travelocity Gnome commercials are a huge marketing mistake? I know they are supposed to be funny, but they send a negative message about the product.

Let us examine:

The have two "travel myths". The Gnome debunks the first by recommending Travelocity. The Gnome then says the second "myth" is not true, but we find out he is wrong.

If the Gnome lies or is incorrect about myth number two, why should we believe him regarding myth number one? Seriously, where is his credibility?

Imagine that marketing meeting. "see we have this garden gnome and he is a travel expert. He is only right 50% of the time. Isn't that hilarious?"

The head of marketing should have asked "and that sells our product how?"

I will never use their service I can tell you that. Imagine that scenario in the real world. " I can promise we will never sell you a defect widget. Of course we will never ship your parts, Hahahahahahaah. Think that works?

2 comments:

WWWGeek said...

LOLOLOL... I am right there with you.

I put this gnome on the same shelf as that damn baby in the Quiznos commercials.

Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger