September 21, 2005

Is that a battery in your pocket...?

My clock at work died the other day. I needed a new AA battery, so I slipped one in my pocket as I headed out the door. My wife dropped a variation of the old Mae West line on me with a laugh. She said she knew it was a battery because of its large size. Funny, funny, funny.

We are in the middle of birthday season at the Hoosierboy homestead. My daughter turned 19 last week. My brother's birthday is tomorrow. My youngest son will turn 12 on the 30th, while my oldest boy turns 17 on October 1. My Grandma's birthday would have been on October 5th.

We bought my daughter a new digital camera for her birthday, to replace the one she dropped and broke over the summer. The boy will get a car. I cannot afford it, but he needs a way to get to work. Don't tell him, it is going to be a surprise.

It has taken me about an hour to write this post. My dial up has dropped the connection 11 times in the last 1-1/2 hours. I am seriously looking into DSL or cable modem. Anything has to be better than this.

The little one's(the soon to be 12 year old -- I know he is not little anymore) football team takes on the only remaining undefeated team besides ours on Saturday. Should be a good battle, they are very big on the line, while we have exceptional speed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm probably talking ground you've already covered, but how about composing your post in something like notepad, putting it on your clipboard, and then inserting it into your blog. You don't have to be on-line nearly as long.

GUYK said...

I'm on cable with roadrunner and like it. But be damn sure you a good firewall protection. You are on line all the time with a cable modum. I heard the record for a trojan horse was 13 minutes from the time the computer was on a cable line until the pony was in the stall. I have not gained a lot of speed with cable but I don't have to worry about being cut off right in the middle of something. And, cost is about the same.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday season. :-)

SuperGurl said...

when a AA battery looks big to the wife, you have problems buddy...my sympathies to you and birthday wishes to your family..

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger