October 26, 2005

I went golfing...

It was a sunny morning, a little before 8.00 am, on the first hole of a busy course and I was beginning my pre-shot routine, visualizing my upcoming shot when a piercing voice came over the club house loud speaker.

"Would the gentleman on the woman's tee back up to the men's tee please!!"

I could feel every eye on the course looking at me. I was still deep in my routine, seemingly impervious to the interruption.

Again the announcement, "Would the MAN on the WOMAN'S tee kindly back up to the men's tee."

I simply ignored the guy and kept concentrating, when once more, the man yelled: "WOULD THE MAN ON THE WOMAN'S TEE BACK UP TO THE MEN'S TEE, PLEASE!!!"

I finally stopped, turned, cupped my hands and shouted back...

"WOULD THE ASS HOLE WITH THE MICROPHONE AND THE PA SYSTEM KINDLY SHUT UP AND LET ME PLAY MY SECOND SHOT?"


--from my brother

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger