October 15, 2005

Saturday, in the park....

I am never sure how much personal information you find interesting when you read a blog. I know I enjoy the posts about GUYK's day and the personal tragedies in Rob's life are what made Acidman appealing. Let me know if you like the details of home life I give you.

Today is my little one's last regular season football game. We are undefeated so far. We play again the Broncos. You might remember we played them a few weeks ago and won a tough overtime game when my boy executed a perfect fake smash and quarterback bootleg to win the game. The Broncos have only one loss, and are out for revenge. We will either win the league outright or share the title based on tonight's game. The kids are really pumped as it is the last game, the championship is on the line, and they get to play under the lights!

The little one made the football all-star team. It looks like he will be the starting quarterback, but the competition for all the positions will be tight. We are getting ready for an intense period where this team will play 5 games in 6 days in preparation for a big tourney the last week of the month. The games will serve as practice. I am a little concerned this is too much, especially for the linemen who take a beating on every play. If you are interested, let me know in the comments and I will keep you posted on the success or failure of this team. The boy has a great deal of experience playing in the all-star environment as he has played on baseball All-stars for a number of years. This is the first time there has been a travel or all-star team in football.

For those of you who were concerned that my Friday was a bad day based on the post yesterday detailing my wrong number call, note I found the whole conversation hilarious. That should give you an idea of my twisted sense of humor.

Have a good Saturday.

1 comment:

GUYK said...

I always get a kick out of reading about kids in sports and especially kids fishing. Used to sponsor a kids fishing tournament for the foster kids in the area. The little ones had a good time even if they never caught a fish! team sports is a good teacher-if it is coached right it teaches teamwork and how to be a part of a team. But then some kids are not team players and never will be. Just life I suppose.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger