October 10, 2005

There is actually an asparagus blog

While I was gone I got hit with a ton of comment spam, mostly on posts in my archives. I am not sure how productive an approach that is, but I think I have them cleaned up now.

One in particular was so stupid, so weird, I have to copy it here (minus the link, I will not help them spam):

Have you ever seen Asparagus this BIG
They grow up to 15in long and 2in wide.
fresh asparagus recipe


Does anyone actually have that much interest in asparagus? I have enjoyed white and green asparagus, fresh and canned. I had it in Germany, fresh from the field. But is asparagus so good that you not only create a blog, but spam other blogs to get a visit?

And to think that bitch Lexie the spammer wanted to know what was up with MY weird posts.

3 comments:

TheWayfarer said...

Much like roaches, the only way to truly get rid of spam-menters, as I call them, is to burn down the house by shutting off comments.
They can be controlled effectively by enabling word varification on your blog home page.
Blogger details how to do this in helps, and as you scroll down your home page.

TheWayfarer said...

"Hi! I just discovered your nice blog. Come check out all the latest in salesblathering at
mysalesblatheringblog.barf"

Oh man, You are preaching to the choir!

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, the remarkable answer...

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger