March 28, 2006

Otter's Road Trip

I apologize for not posting for HB over the weekend, but as things would have it, Friday afternoon came the call….ROAD TRIP. Oh sure, Quiet Riot was playing in one of the locals, Bert & Teresa were doing their very best renditions of blue grass / country western songs at another, and some sort of jazz fusion group was at the brew pub but it all sounds the same after two songs and two pints – but we were going to the city! The BIG CITY. To a real arena. To listen to HEAVEY METAL! Lots of people and VERY LOUD!
We got there late Friday, very little adult beverage consumption for me the driver…but when Saturday morning rolled around I hit it hard…. Bloody Marys with breakfast, a pint of Guinness at every bar, lunch and more Guinness, the afternoon saw more Guinness and the addition of Irish Whiskey to the mix, now it was time to head off to the concert!
Obviously, feeling no pain what so ever, I enjoyed the show….until the next morning! My ears rang from the music (although the night before I thought they should turn it up some!). My head felt like shit, my stomach felt like shit, and in general, I felt like shit. Plus I was facing a 4 hour drive home……the solution, Bloody Mary, 6 Tylenol, and hit the road…I’m getting too old for this!

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger