June 23, 2006

Hear that slamming noise?

That noise heard 'round the blog world was my arteries slamming shut. I just enjoyed a fine luncheon of Spam and Kraft macaroni and cheese. The Spam I fried and put on white bread with mustard, the mac and cheese was the sauce kind. Does that make it better? The true sin here is this is the second time this week I have had Spam for lunch.

I am a little pissed today. I am not down on just the Islamofascists, the Democrats, the weather, or the Cubs, but I am really pissed at one of my customers. This guy approached me early last month to increase our business significantly, if we would offer a long term agreement and some concessions on price. The powers said yes, the customer said hurry and we offered it all up in about two weeks. We gave him everything he asked, and ramped up production to begin shipping in August. This is a huge increase in parts. Boucoup inventory. We have not heard from him since. He will not return phone calls, pages, emails, anything. When I threatened that we would stop production, he sent a terse two sentence email asking if we want out of the deal.

I tried calling etc., and answered with an as-kissing email about how we value him, etc., and just need some communication on where we stand. The response from the customer:


That is right, chirp fucking chirp, nothing. I threatened to show up in his lobby. Chirp chirp. I am at a loss. I know the customer is always right, but is it too much to ask for a 2 minute phone call or email saying "yep, move on supplier"? I guess I will drive the 2.5 hours each way next week to plant my ass in the lobby and wait to see if he will see me. That is rude, and I have never gone to a customer without an appointment. This is a multi-million dollar account and I have to straddle a fine line of getting the answers my management demands, and pissing off the customer for all time. We are making this buyer look good with the savings, but he is making me look bad because I cannot get answers from him.

Screw it, it is almost beer time.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger