November 7, 2006

Thirty k

Sometime in the next week I will hit thirty thousand visits.

30,000 days ago it was 09/19/1924. 30,000 years ago a dinosaur would have written this blog. 30,000 seconds ago I was driving in my car. 30,000 dollars was the salary for the job that moved me to where I live now (that was in 1989). 30,000 ounces of beer is 104 cases. I bet I drank that much in the year 1983 alone. 30,000 of anything is a lot.

For many of you that is a day or week or month's blogging. I do it for the little guys. I am intensely proud of the fact that the equivalent of a small rural city has found the time to stop by this humble site. For the record, you have endured 962 posts during the last 595 days -- a total of 20 months of drivel, of history, of politics, of jokes and cartoons, and a whole lot of me (and a little of Otter).

Thanks to each of you who have made this possible. A big shout to Alli, Guy, GOC Acidman, Jimbo, SWG, the dragon/goldbloom sisters, Ted, JT, the Hoosier Alliance, Ralphd00d, chou, Dick, battie, and everyone else who has linked me, read me, and commented me. I am sure I have left off several names -- believe me it is an accident and I am no less thankful. You are all listed on the sidebar.

Who will be the lucky 30k visitor? Keep visiting, keep clicking -- it may just be YOU!

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger