May 27, 2007

Mortar Boards and tassels

Graduation went of without a hitch. The house looked great. The wife was satisfied. Despite the weatherman's predictions of rain and thunder the day was mostly sunny with nary a drop of precipitation. Many people showed up and we have enough food left to feed most of you -- come on over. A big thanks to you all for helping me deal with my wife's craziness. I also want to offer a HUGE thanks to Jerry at Back Home Again. You should blogroll him if you have not already. The kids all played down by the little brook. They found some stray crawdad parts (pinchers)likely left by the feral cats in the neighborhood, but no snakes or basilisks. After cleaning the front porch on Friday evening one of these cats pissed all over one of the chair legs. That pissed me off.

If you will remember several months ago my son's best friend was killed in a car wreck. My son has had a tough time with it. That young man's family went to graduation (all of the students wore a ribbon in his honor) and then they came over for the open house. That was a great thing for my son. The mother is tougher than I. Going to the graduation had to be difficult. I am glad my son stays in touch with that family.

We are done with graduation for a couple of years. Thank goodness. Today I plan on catching up my blog reading, playing a little baseball (if it does not rain) and finishing the final book in the Master and Commander series. I began to reread these books in January and I have about 100 pages left in book twenty. If you have not read these novels you are missing on an entertaining and literary jewel.

Have a great Holiday Weekend. Oh, and for those of you keeping score, no call yet from the fraud department at Dell 130 hours and counting.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger