May 14, 2007

Uptight and Bitchy

I normally do not post stuff that is really personal, and sometimes I do just make up stuff, like the story of the allergy-ridden date I posted last week. That was just me and my dry sense of humour trying to be funny. Current events have left me in a state I just have to say what is on my mind or I will explode. So you guys get to read about it. Maybe my frustration can reach manageable levels.

The oldest boy graduates high school in two weeks. We have decided to have the post-graduation at the house. Not a big deal, right? The wife has been in a tizzy for the past two weeks and it is only going to get worse. I understand we need to clean, but is it necessary to paint the entire house -- inside and out? I won that argument by simply telling her I refuse to do it. That garnered me two days of silence. Now she thinks we need to completely redo the landscaping. I have no issue with planting flowers etc., but things are getting ridiculous. While at Lowes she asked me how hard it would be to buy a bunch of pavers to expand the patio. She confirmed she meant before graduation. I explained it was a major project, costing beaucoup bucks and effort. That made her mad too. She proclaimed we were going to replace that mailbox, it was an embarrassment. Do we really need to replace the curtains in every room? Do we need a new comforter? Are the scratches on the laundry room doors that big of a problem? Ok, I will compromise and paint them.

I am telling you she has been so unpleasant and impossible I am ready to do something drastic. I would never punch her in the nose, but the thought did cross my mind. She is really upset I have to travel all week. The damn company went and scheduled a sales meeting just to piss her off. Hello Big Apple. Goodbye walking on eggshells.

Please help me. Am I too casual about the whole thing or has my wife gone off the deep end? Is this graduation a much bigger deal than I think it is? We rented a place for my daughter's reception when she graduated and I thought that was nuts too. If I make it the next two weeks it will be a miracle. The wife has been so unbelievably short tempered, mad, pouty and unpleasant I am starting to wonder if she is in the beginning of menopause or something. Of course I am not so stupid as to utter that thought aloud. Things better return to normal after graduation. For the first time in 23 years I have to honestly say I love my wife, but these days I really do not like her much.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger