March 14, 2008

A big mix up

My wife has the worst luck sometimes. A few years ago she actually was pulled over and issued a warning ticket for going 67 mph in a 65 zone.

Three weeks ago while I was travelling she was pulled over. The cop told her her right headlight was out. She said she did not think so, usually you can tell if the right light is out. He walked around the truck and looked at the lights. He tapped the headlight and shrugged. He said it was working bow, but it was out before. He gave her a written warning. He was nice about it and apologetic, but that he was required to report and document every stop. He said the local police were no longer able to give verbal warnings. Let me say again -- the light was ON. She was outraged, I almost went to the police station to complain. I pulled, tugged, hit, tapped, and did everything possible to see if the light had a short. For the past three weeks it has worked fine.

This morning, I was parked behind her SUV when she had to go to work. I had to move my car so she could get out. One of life's great mysteries was solved. Her right BRAKE light is out. I guess from the time he spotted her to when he walked up to the window the policeman forgot the infraction. I checked the warning ticket and it clearly says right headlight.

Sometimes Life is funny. Especially when it happens to our spouse.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger