April 25, 2008

Hello Blogworld

I am back from my marathon customer visit yesterday. We were to do a pre-production run of 200 pieces. It should have taken a couple hours. I left home at 5:30 am. I returned at 10:15 pm. There were production line problems, our widgets ran fine. I love my job.

I am going to take advantage of a beautiful Friday to bring back a feature from long ago -- the Friday quiz. I am going to also do what bloggers do best -- steal other blogger's ideas. Some weeks ago Dragon put up a song lyric quiz. I did not answer because the songs sucked (just kidding, Dragon Lady. Maybe) and I did not know the answers (because the songs sucked).

Anyway here is this week's quiz. See if you can name the artist and song. Throw in the album if you like. And no fair googling or using a search engine to find the answers. This is a test of your musical knowledge. The songs are from the 60's, 70's and 80's. All were played on the radio.

1.Battleships confide in me and tell me where you are,
Shining, flying, purple wolfhound, show me where you are,
Lost in summer, morning, winter, travel very far,
Lost in musing circumstances, that's just where you are.
Yours is no Disgrace by Yes -- Punko

2.Okay, if that's the way it must be, okay
I guess I'll go on home, its late
There'll be tomorrow night, but wait!
What do I see?
Is she walking back to me?
Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison -- Freddie

3.Said - said - said: I remember when we used to sit
In the government yard in Trenchtown,
Oba - obaserving the 'ypocrites
As they would mingle with the good people we meet.
Good friends we have, oh, good friends we've lost
Along the way.
In this great future, you can't forget your past;
So dry your tears, I seh.
No Woman, No Cry by Bob Marley -- Supergirl

4.If I swallow anything evil
Put your finger down my throat
If I shiver, please give me a blanket
Keep me warm, let me wear your coat
Behind Blue Eyes by The Who -- Richmond

5.Over and over.
Ah, my mind's such a sweet thing.
I want to do everything.
What a beautiful feeling
Crimson and Clover by Tommy James --Jerry

6.So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
...We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found? The same old fears.
Wish you were here by Pink Floyd --Freddie

7.Doctor please, some more of these
Outside the door, she took four more
What a drag it is getting old
Mother's little Helper by the Rolling Stones -- Jerry

8.Stepped into a church I passed along the way
Well, I get down on my knees and I pretend to pray.
You know the preacher likes the cold
He knows I'm gonna stay.
California Dreamin' by the Mamas and Papas -- Richmond

9.Six o' clock
In the morning I feel pretty good
So I dropped into the luxury of the Lords
Fighting dragons and crossing swords
With the people against the hordes who came to conquer

Seven o'clock
In the morning here it comes I taste the warning
And I'm so amazed I'm here today
Seeing things so clear this way
In the car and on my way to Stonehenge


hint: You will gnash your teeth and go to Church when you see this answer.

Answer: Cathedral by Crosby, Stills and Nash

This one is really really hard unless you are from Central Indiana, but it was a national #1 hit:

10.Wooow, hey
Mmm mmm mmm mmm

You can have your Cajun queens
Down in New Orleans
And take the movie stars
Who drive impress me more cars

Take your high class show and tell
Don`t need no modern day Jezebel
All I want, ain`t no lie
Check it out, Leroy
They breeze by
I wish I had Girl by Henry Lee Summer -- Dragon

and an easy bonus:

Sitting on a park bench
eyeing little girls with bad intent.
Snot running down his nose
greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.
Drying in the cold sun
Watching as the frilly panties run.
Feeling like a dead duck
spitting out pieces of his broken luck.
Aqualung by Jethro Tull Freddie

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger