July 31, 2008

Random Ramblings

I have not had any coffee all week. No reason, I am just to lazy to make the stuff. I watched an old John Candy movie last night. The wife and I shared a bowl of popcorn. The grilled chicken sandwich we had for supper left me a bit hungry. I grilled them with a homemade honey/Dijon mustard glaze. We bought the car the boy and I liked. I will likely get the cold shoulder for a few weeks. The perfect car will appear everywhere we look, practically for free in the coming days. That is just how my life works.

The boy begins play in the Regional Tournament this week. The team gets to play because we are hosting the tournament. I know they are good enough to win a few, but I bet they go two and out. The boy has been playing well and hitting the crap out of the ball in practice. They have been bringing in recently graduated high school pitchers to throw batting practice. It will not matter if he hits a homerun every time. The coach is determined he will not play him. One kid got to hit,I should say try to hit, for about ten minutes. He was never able to put the bat on horsehide. He will still get to play, because the coach once saw him hit a triple. We have to overlook the fact he cannot field, is an idiot on the bases and strikes out more than any other player. The one time out of twenty he makes contact he hits it far.

As you know, I rarely comment on other blogs or even here. Usually when I do I am trying to be funny. Last week I left what I thought was a hilarious comment gently poking fun at another blogger for not posting. I guess I hit a sore spot. My mom always warned me others do not always see my humor. I guess I will be back to being a lurker.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger