August 4, 2008

On the one hand...

A mentor once told me that I have to remember that people are basically stupid. That sentiment becomes ironclad when you consider how some people buy into the Democratic Party ideology. Consider the position that Tax Cuts only help the rich. First, about 1/3 of the poorest Americans pay no taxes, so clearing cutting zero only equals zero. They claim tax cuts do nothing to help the economy or middle class families, even though the concept was first championed by none other than JFK. In almost the same breath they proposed "tax rebates" (even for those who did not pay taxes) as an effort to kick start a sluggish economy. Let me understand, taking my money and then giving it back is good, not taking my money is bad? Now The Barack is campaigning on a promise to give me more of my money! Whoo. But he will repeal the GW tax cuts because letting me keep my money is bad. Can I get a program here, I am really confused. Then today in my local ragsheet a columnist says the GW tax cuts only help the rich, there was no "trickle down". The previous page had a story that the economy is hurting the wealthiest citizens and that results in workers losing their jobs. I guess only bad things trickle down?

If you are a Democrat, please comment on what about your party's positions is actually good, or makes sense, or does not involve taking the fruit of one person's labors and giving it to another...Please?

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger