September 17, 2008

I now own an insurance giant

I have never been afraid to admit when I do not know or understand something. I am not sure how I feel about the Government stepping in to save another private business.

If I worked at Lehman Brothers or even a small local business and lost my job, I would be pissed. Why is an employee of AIG more worthy of keeping his job than another?

As a small L libertarian and staunch conservative I do not think it is the role of the Government to bail out a private company. On the other hand, experts say that the failure of AIG could have severe economic implications globally. I just do not know.

Look, some businesses are more important than others. My big $7 MUSD customer is way more important and gets treated differently than my $5,000/yr specialty motor maker customer. Welcome to life.

I just cannot help feeling something is just not right in the whole mess. I do not think anyone really knows how to fix the problems. Maybe the best path is to let it all play out under natural economic laws and suffer the pain. I don't know.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger