October 5, 2008

A heavy burden

Cubs lose.

The pitching was again good enough.

I am beginning to think 100 years of fan expectation is too much for any team or player to bear.

It is far, far less painful when they are out of it by mid-July.

Wait 'till next year? Like Otter says, not in my lifetime. My Grandfather was born, lived and died a Cubs fan and he never saw a World Series Championship. My boys are not Cubs fans. My Daughter is. Maybe she will live to see it.

The wife is semi-pleased. She too cheers for the Northsiders, but this means one more year without me getting that Cubs tat...Hey, maybe that act of defiance, of team loyalty is what is needed to mitigate the goat's Karma.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger