February 19, 2009

Chapter 10, more strange travel adventures

I arrive back at the airport to return home late yesterday afternoon. I have a late flight, 8:15. There is an earlier flight at 6:30. I go to the gate to see if I can get on that flight. The nice lady from USAIR tells me they no longer have standby for flights. She said they call it taking an earlier flight. I am serious. They have seats available and I can have one for $50.00. I point out the seat is empty. She said it is stupid, she knows, but the airline would rather fly an empty plane than let someone make a change without charging for the effort. I said I will keep my flight. She leaned forward and said she would too. It was a good thing because karma rewarded me for not being an ass and raising a ruckus and for having the cramped flight on the Canadair flight Tuesday. I took my later flight on a big roomy 737 with maybe 30 people on board. I had the entire row to myself. It was like flying back in the early 1990s again. Of course I was reminded that fate was in charge of my life when I looked for my car. Someone had moved it to a completely different location from where my memory said I parked it. I am sure the mistake was not mine. Anyway after wandering around for 20 minutes in the blowing snow I found where it was parked.

I did score a sweet 4-pack of Elvis movies at Target for $7.50.

I know, you wish you could live my life of wild adventure. Men want to be me, chicks want to be with me.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger