February 23, 2009

The irony of it all

According to reports, the President is planning a speech this week outlining his plans to reduce the Federal Deficit, This is little more than a week after pushing for and signing the single largest spending bill in the history of the United States. If it were not so sad, you think this administration is a Saturday Night Live skit.

I hate to say I told you so, but I bet Obama's plan includes letting the Bush tax cuts expire. He has already given 'tax cuts' to people who do not pay taxes. I bet the middle class tax cut he touted while running for office is just no longer in the cards. I predict he will say the economy is too tough right now. He is probably right. Instead, we are going to pay more taxes.

I will be pissed, but I will be able to say I told you so.

Hope and Change indeed.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger