August 5, 2009

My Ark is coming along nicely

We had a gully-washer of a rainstorm yesterday. I was not home, I was trying to drive in it. Work, work, work. I bet you wish you were me. Anyway, the storm flooded the cul-de-sac where I live.

The water got thigh-high at one point. Here are some pictures the neighbor gave me:


That is my abode across the street, on the right. If you embiggen the photo you can see the rain is up to the funky tree. For reference, that tree is about 10-12 feet from the curb.



Here you can see the flood and the tree a little more clearly.



This white water river is the cause of the flooding. Wait, that is no swollen creek, that is my side/back yard! No water in the house. That part of the yard floods everytime there is a heavy dew.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger