March 12, 2010

He lives

Good morning blog world. I come to you with my face blackened from a week of firefighting. Not literally, but solving the inevitable customer issues we all face from time to time in business. Unfortunately all of my issues are hitting at every customer simultaneously. Such is life. It is good to have a job, and a busy day makes the time go by faster.

That also means my time to post and read you guys is limited. We will just have to improvise, adapt and overcome as my man Clint says in one of my favorite movies. Do you know what movie that is from? No fair cheating and using a search engine to find the answer.

My daughter called last night. Apparently she has the same problem as Yabu, only hers was inside -- in the basement. She said it was the biggest possum she had ever seen. It was sitting on the speakers, next to the flat panel TV. She said it just bared its teeth and did that hiss/growl possums do. She asked me what to do. I told her to call animal control -- I am not going to try and catch a crazy possum, and shooting it inside the house is not an option.

Animal came and hauled it away, along with its brother they found patrolling in the backyard. The guy said he will come back today and try to see how it got in. I told her welcome to the joys of home ownership. She is a little relieved. She was starting to think her house was haunted the past few days -- she kept hearing scratching sounds under the floor! Now she thinks it was the critter. She hopes.

5 comments:

dick said...

Next time anybody runs into one, just put on some leather gloves and scruff em like ya would a cat.
Nothing to it.

Ralphd00d said...

"Heartbreak Ridge" - personally one of my favorites Clint did, too.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Yeah, I knew the movie, the one about the Grenada invasion, but I couldn't remember the name.

mts1 said...

"Whatever you do, just don't bore me." - Sgt. Highway

Yabu (EOTIS) said...

I gave mine a chance to run. It did, but it was the wrong way...as in lunging at me. I had no other option, and to be honest...I was frightened, and I didn't have time to ponder the situation. It happened really really fast.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger