May 23, 2010

Saturday's Adventures

I woke early yesterday. There is nothing unusual in that. I guess it is a function of getting old.

My wife's sister and neices held a wedding shower for my daughter yesterday up in Purdueville. The wife had not seen her family since Christmas, so she stayed late and came home long after I went to bed Saturday night around midnight.

So how did I fill my day? I trimmed all of the bushes and cleaned up the mess. I weeded some more on the huge flower beds out front. The previous owners planted lots of perennials, and there is always something in bloom. They also planted serveral kinds of pernicious groundcover and ivy. Add that I do not know what is flowers and what is ground cover and what is weeds, the large bed in front lookslike a jungle. I want to just spray the whole mess with Roundup and be done with it. If I knew how to do it without killing the multitudes of lillies, flags, daisies, tulips, irises, and other flowers, I would do it.

The side yard was still too wet from this week's rains to mow. there is a low spot There that does not drain well. The boy and I will mow today.

After the yard work I smoked a terrific Rocky Patel decade cigar. It was a fine smoke. I highly recommend it.

I watched and napped through a DVR recording of The Natural. I watched a great Cubs game. During the late innings I baked some chocolate chip cookies.

I watched a little Elvis in Clambake and then went to bed, a tired old man.

I spent the day doing a little work and a lot of screwing off. Par for the course for me.

1 comment:

mts1 said...

I wonder what the poor schleps are doing this time of year. You, living like a king there.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger