June 25, 2010

The Hangover, a movie review

******************warning*************spoiler alert*************

If you have not seen the movie The Hangover read no further.




I was sitting in The Cracker Barrel. I was deep in Kentucky. I was eating supper. Near my hotel was the Cracker Barrel and a truck stop. The original KFC was just down the road, if you need to work out a more precise location.

If you have been to a Cracker Barrel you know the tables in the middle of the dining room are placed close together. Sometimes you cannot help overhearing the conversation at the next table, especially if you are alone and not having your own conversation, as was my case. Three older people sat at the adjoining table. A couple, probably in their sixties, and a single woman, also in what looked to be her sixties.

The single woman asked her companions if they have seen the movie The Hangover. They had not. The following is as close to a verbatim rendering of the conversation that followed as I can offer. I went right back to the hotel after eating my catfish and turnip greens and wrote it down so I would make sure and report it correctly.

You have to see the movie The Hangover. I laughed and laughed. It is kind of raunchy, but still funny. These four guys go to Vegas for a bachelor party and it all goes downhill from there. The groom gets locked on the hotel roof and the rest of the movie is about the other three trying to find him. But it ends OK, they make it back in time for the wedding. You have to see it, it is so funny.


If you have seen the movie, you know why that is hilarious. I think that lady should get her own movie review column in the local paper.

Today's movie is Citizen Kane. It is about this rich guy and his sled...

2 comments:

Jerry in Texas said...

What the heck is the matter with people these days? I've had more people ruin a movie just like your example. It has never been cool to tell the ending of a movie.

I recently had someone tell me every plot point in the movie "The Blind Side". I replied, "Wow. I just saved myself $8. Thanks." They still didn't get it.

curmudgeon said...

We went to "Grown Up" last saturday.
Funnier than hell and worth the price of admission, even though the popcorn wasn't.
But that's all the spoiler I'll give.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger