June 6, 2010

Insert pithy title here

I am a little ashamed of myself. I accomplished absolutely nothing yesterday. I parked my ass and was a lazy. lazy grasshopper. Well, I guess I did make a spinach dip in a bread bowl, but to be honest, that took like seven minutes. The wife said everyone at the bridal shower ate it like it was ambrosia (not her words).

It rained on and off yesterday, and looked like rain all day, so I have a slim excuse for not mowing the yard or working on the weed beds. I could have dusted or cleaned, but I just did not feel like it. I guess I did do a load of towels! I even folded them and put them away, so the day was not a total bust.

Mostly I just watched TV: saved biographies from the BIO channel...Movies...Cooking shows. When the wife got home we went to see the new movie Killers. It was funny and entertaining fare. It will not win any Academy Awards (insert copyright), but was a nice diversion on a Saturday evening. When I got home I watched another movie on the boob tube. It was a completely wasted day.

I had a great time.

I notice I am cleaning my glasses a lot lately on my shirt tail. This really hit home when I was washing the cars last Saturday. Some people I know stopped by and I was standing on the curb talking to them in their truck. I reached up to clean my glasses and realized I was not wearing them. I guess I need to face reality that the blurriness I see with or without the glasses is not a case of greasy lenses, but poor vision.

I have had these glasses since late 2004 or early 2005. I know I had them before I started this piss-poor excuse for a blog. I know my current glasses need updated. Not only are they out of style, I need a stronger prescription and they are too wide for my face. I have dropped nearly 60 pounds in the past few years (I guess now I am smart -- right Dave?) and my face is now thinner too. If you have ever had to purchase bi-focals you know how expensive they can be. After the wedding next month I hope to see the eye quack.

How about doing this old blogger a solid? The wife has a birthday Tuesday. I will not say her age, but I will confirm she won't be fifty yet. You cannot be much closer, though. I have no idea what to get her. She has offered no ideas. She is not a fan of jewelry. Experience tells me I should not choose clothing. Since I do the cooking any kitchen ware would be for me. I am really truly stumped. The kids and I am taking her to dinner already. I will remember to get a card. I don't know, maybe she will get some flowers.

Have a great Sunday.

9 comments:

LeeAnn said...

I know that I'd want a trip to an amusement park. Might just be me, though. Or a big-deal "date night", with dinner and a movie and flowers and the whole girlygirly being spoiled thing.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Pro Flowers, delivered at work. In front of her co-workers. I've done it twice now. You'll reap the benefits...

You got lines, or progressive?

Anonymous said...

Ed's dead on correct.

Have faith.

Dick

Fred said...

"It was a completely wasted day.

I had a great time."

Now that's what I'M talkin' bout. ;)

What about a spa thing? Would she be into that type of thing? Lotsa gals up here are into it lately. Not so sure I would be into the actual spa treatments sorta thing, but I'd be TOTALLY into a big "escape from the world" block o'time. But then, I have quite the high maintenance family.

My two cents...

B said...

chocolate.

she'll deal well with it.

mts1 said...

Flowers, and a gift card to wherever she likes to go and shop or eat.

Blackiswhite, Imperial Agent Provocateur said...

Two words: Day Spa.

Seriously. The pampering and sucking up of strangers always carries more value than the pampering and sucking up you do. Always.

So go to the nearest day spa that has a decent rep, plunk down the cash necessary to buy her several hours of message, lunch, and whatever topical treatments they have to make her feel as special a she is to you.

Wanna knock one outta the park? Pluck down enough that a companion can join her (not you...the idea of you with some sort of cucumber and kumquat cream on your face to clean and tighten your pores and remove the bags under your eyes makes me want to gouge out my mind's eye.)

Trust me on this. Tell her it is a small payment on the debt you owe her for putting up with your shit all of these years. She'll dig it.

:lol:

Sal said...

If it's flowers, it needs to be special flowers, not just a dozen roses. Let the florist be imaginative.

Spa and a pal sounds great, too.

Know the wedding will be wonderful!

Ed Bonderenka said...

Spa and daughter?

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger