July 30, 2010

Zzzzzz....

I took the afternoon off yesterday. Not to have fun or relax. I did some of the long put-off yard work. I cleaned out the flower beds. I pulled and cut down some weeds. I went around a couple of mulberry bushes and then cut them down. The wife did not think that was funny either. I trimmed some trees and bushes.  I mowed the yard. The past few times I have used the weed eater it has not run well.  This time I could get it started but when I went to take off the choke it just died. I tried adjusting the intake screws, but it just will not run. Whenever i give it the "gas" it just dies. I wish I knew something about engines.  I am sure it is simple, but I will have to pay someone to fix it, or buy a new one, I guess. It was a cheap one I bought about 4 or 5 years ago.

By the time an absolutely gorgeous evening rolled around, I was a tired boy. The temperature was in the low 80s and the humidity was low. The wife wanted me to go with her on a walk.  I made it a few blocks around the neighborhood, but cut my exercise short.  She went on and I came home and listened to music on the deck before the mosquitoes began to bite.

Given the above, you would have thought I would sleep well. Humph. I woke around 4:30 to hit the head (not unusual). I could not go back to sleep. I watched some of a documentary on the Tsars of Russia before finally dozing off and on until around 7:30.

And there you have another post filled with boring crap.

You are welcome.

9 comments:

Jean said...

I had trouble sleeping last night, too, because of the heat. Around 2 am I ate a bowl of watermelon chunks. Slept like a baby until 7.

Fred said...

At least it's a post...

Joe said...

Heh jean, the wife baught a watermelon last weekend at the farmer's market. I went to cut it last night but it was not good.

I really was in the mood for some salted melon.

Jean said...

aw, HB, that would make me cry.
No doubt I will replenish my supply soon... like, tomorrow.

Yabu (EOTIS) said...

I also blew up my weed eater.

Ed Bonderenka said...

HB, check the plug. And run some carb cleaner/ fuel system cleaner through the gas tank.

Ed Bonderenka said...

BTW, if you buy a new one, consider an 18 volt electric. Never gives me trouble. Mine is a Homelite, uses my Ryobi batteries.

Joe said...

Thanks ed I will try those steps.

TheWayfarer said...

Sounds like a good day, except for the POS weed-eater & the mosquito bites.
I've only ever owned two of those things that were actually worth a shit (weed-eaters, not mosquito bites). The first was an actual Weed Eater brand, electric one that I had to buy a long extension cord in order to use, ($35 from Wal-Manaca in 1986) and the one we use now at work, that's a high-dollar commercial model.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger