October 8, 2010

Oooh oooh that smell, can't you smell that smell

I have a peculiar morning routine. I get up around 6:15 to get the boy up for school. Around 6:50 I go back to bed and wake up the wife.  Some days I go to sleep until around 7:30, most days I do not.

This morning it was a chilly 37 F in the old hometown. I jumped back into bed and nudged the spouse.  I told her it was time to get up.  I snuggled next to her for a moment. I hate to say it, but she smelled like a skunk. I sniffed a bit and thought to myself, "wow". I decided not to say anything.  Just then the boy yelled "Dad, why does it smell like a skunk in here?"

I guess a skunk sprayed something right in front of the house. You could smell it strong in the boy's room (at the front of the house), and less in the living room.  The odor was faint in the bedroom. I guess the wife did not stink after all.

I told her that I was sorry, but I thought the odor was her. She laughed and said she was thinking the same thing (only that it was me); as soon as I came into the bedroom it started to stink!

Anyway, the incident passed quickly. I guess we have a skunk in the neighborhood. That is better than a snake.

1 comment:

dragonlady474 said...

ROFL...Mr. Dragon goes to bed before I do, and sometimes when I go in to sleep it smells like that, only we don't have skunks, just some Mexican food.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger