October 27, 2010

Insert a pithy title

I just got home from a trip to Evansville, IN.  I took US 50 across the hills and forests of Southern Indiana. It was a nice curvy drive. There was not much color left in the trees.  It has been so dry most of the leaves are just turning brown and falling off.  The massive stroms and wind yesterday did not help.

When I got home I discovered there was no paper...again. You see the asshole not only fails to deliver my paper at least once a month, but has taken to throwing it on the street in front of the house the past few days. Wednesday is trash pickup day in my neighborhood.  On trash day the city runs the street cleaner in my neighborhood. I am pretty sure what happened to my paper, assuming it was even delivered.

The newspaper lady explained that you have to call before 9:00 am to report a missing paper if you want one delivered the same day. They will "try" to have today's paper delivered tomorrow. The fishwrap cannot understand why they are losing subscribers.

9 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

For years I got the daily rag. Even stacked them up for days so i could catch up. Then they went to thre day home delivery? That broke the spell.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Can I buy a vowel?

Rita said...

From here to Evansville? Good Luck with that. We went there last year for my neices adoption and the stupid GPS took us through every stinking one stop sign town between here and there. And behind every 1973 ancient rusted truck that could do more than 30 mph.

They have been talking about I-69 for YEARS, WHEN is it ever going to get done.

We did take 50 on the way down, because we stayed at Jasper the night before, but from Indy to Evansville is just a nightmare.

Joe said...

I usually take 65 down to Jeffersonville and pick up 64 west. It is further, but faster than the horrid US 41. There is no good way to get to Evansville from Indy.

Jerry in Texas said...

I have never been to Evansville. I figured sooner or later, some event would take me there. But alas, it has not happened. I think a drive there would only lead to disappointment. I'll just wait until they build I-69 at this point.

Otter said...

Nothing good in Evansville...nothing at all....

Freddie said...

Yes! When ARE they gonna finish that road?

Up here we have some huge steel beams up on the sides of the road on 31, but NOTHING else. It's the oddest thing.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Shovel ready, Fred...

TheWayfarer said...

If I need toilet paper I buy it at the store...Home delivery by 30 year old kids still driving their mom's sled and living in her basement is extremely unreliable.
I pay a little more for the same propaganda, but compensate by getting the Sunday paper and doing the week in review.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger