December 21, 2010

Insert pithy title of your own choosing

I got most of my Christmas shopping done yesterday. I was the one at the mall.  Did you see me? I still have one or two items to grab.  Probably tomorrow.

There was no view of the big eclipse last night (or is it tonight?). The view of the Heavens was blocked by large snowflakes. It took me well over an hour to get home from the mall, a drive that usually takes about 20 - 25 minutes.  I saw two vehicles in the ditch, both four wheel drive SUVs. Those drivers think the laws of physics do not apply to them I guess. Of course I totaled my 4WD last January when I hit some ice, so who am I to point arthritic fingers?

It is supposed to be above freezing for the first time in weeks today, so some of the snow should melt.  There is another big storm due to hit Friday. I am not sure what the record snowfall is for December, but we should be approaching those high totals. That was an awkward sentence. Hopefully, you can follow my meaning.

Well I am off to peruse the interwebz. I hope someone is prepared to entertain me this morning.

4 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Well, you don't sound terribly pithed off.
Merry Christmas to you and all you love.

Lacey said...

"It is supposed to be above freezing for the first time in weeks . . . "

32's supposed to be our high today. I'm really hoping the temp. hangs up near there 'cuz we've got rain.

(I've stopped whining and complaining about winter, but not quietly HOPING.)

Jean said...

I made a rare foray to the mall on Sunday. Holy Shit! It may be next christmas before I go back... unless I get money in my stocking.

Supposed to make it to 70 here today and into the 40s at night.

Was gonna take pics of the eclipse but blissfully slept through the night. Damn.

Otter said...

I liked the “green” background, but it did remind me of the time I threw up after drinking “Swamp water” – Chartreuse and pineapple juice….

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger