January 8, 2011

Capricorn Nights

The wife and I were in the mood to wee a movie last night.  We went to see the new Gwyneth Paltrow flick, Country Strong. I am not much for country music and I am not usually up for a drama when I go to the movies.  I want to escape, not watch other people's problems. But WOW!

This is a great movie. There will Oscar (insert proper trademark here please) nominations for this film. I am not going to spoil it with details, but if you are looking for an enjoyable movie to see, this one gets 4 Hoosierboy Average Joe stars out of four possible.

In other news, we got about an inch of snow flurries yesterday and last night. That damn Kindle is addictive. My coffee is getting cold. I have no idea what the title of this post even means.  It came to me as I looked at the damn blinking cursor.

Have a great Saturday.

3 comments:

Yabu (EOTIS) said...

Like I've said before, I gonna have to put the Juju Woman in Nook rehab.

Rita said...

We just got back from seeing Country Strong. Can't believe how amazing Gwyneth Paltrow can sing.

Personally, I love country music and this movie had great performances all around.

By the HB, I mean AJ, I'd considered Country Strong a chick flick. Better hold on tight to that man card of yours.

Joe said...

But I like chick flicks. I am a sucker for a romantic comedy. I like musicals. Esther Williams, Judy Garland, Breakfast at Tiffany's -- bring it on.

I did watch the first three episodes of the Pacific Sunday morning to recharge my testosterone levels.

Does that help?

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger