June 8, 2011

One For My Baby

Soooo, today is the wife's birthday. Since I am a gentleman, I will not divulge her age. Let us just say she is older than me. It is one of the BIG ONES. It is not 49. Nor is it 51. No more hints. Did I mention she is older than me?

I am not going to tell you what I bought her on the remote chance she has discovered my super secret blog life. We are going out for a very nice dinner. We are going to the kind of place where I can't wear shorts and a raggedy Cubs T-Shirt. Why not, your wife only turns 49 twice. Three times if you count next year. I did tell you she is older than I, right?

So today is my Baby's Big Day. I suppose some would look at her and see her hair is no longer curly or as dark as it once was. She has a few laugh wrinkles around her eyes. Her vision is not what it used to be. Perhaps her body is not that of an 18 year old. I do not see any of those things. She is still the beautiful girl I fell in love with more than 30 years ago.

Shortly after midnight last night I wished her a happy day and she gave me a kiss. Her lips still send shivers through my body, Her kisses are electric.

I will get my "old" jokes out right here on the old blog. For her, I just wish the happiest of days, with many returns.

3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

The best to both of you.
***ty is the new 40.
This post speaks well of her and you.

Jean said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Joe!

Sounds like a very lovely evening planned for celebration. You are a sweet man. I hope you get some d;-)

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Older women are the best.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger