June 18, 2011

Saturday Music



I woke up with this song stuck in my brainpan this morning. The hair, the boobs, the act aside, Dolly Parton is one hell of a singer and songwriter. As importantly, she understood the idea of marketing in music long before the Madonnas and Lady Gagas of the world caught on. Only Parton did it in a classy, but still over-the-top manner. See any interview with her.  She got it, she embraced it.

It is a rainy morning here at the old homestead. I am not sure if it is the weather or what, but I have a pounding headache. Not complaining, just factualizing. No, I am not sure if that is a real word, but it should be. I had my prescription meds, my vitamin B6, my Cheerios, OJ and two mugs of java along with a couple of Advil, so I am set to face the weekend.  At this moment I have limited plans.  A new "Sharpe" movie arrived from the fine folks at Netflix, so I will meander mentally to the Napoleonic Wars after posting this and reading a few blogs. I may read a bit of Eddie Rickenbaker's struggles against the mighty Hun air force in the Great War. Beyond that I will have to await the Queen's direction.

In any case, please do not sit and fret about my well being. You should try hard not to let the awesomeness of ME consume your life. Go ahead and live. Enjoy your weekend.  You can worship me again next week.

2 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Thanks for the break. I'm running low on incense, since I read your blog religiously.

Cappy said...

Read Rickenbacker's autobiography last year during an install. Guy was way far ahead of his time, and an Engineering genius in the Edison class.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger