January 2, 2012

Easing into it

My holiday break is over. I am back to work today. I last worked on December 20, I had vacation use-or0lose days, plus the company-paid holidays. My work muscles are squeaking like the Tin Man's knee joints. I kid. The phone has been silent all morning and only one new email has crossed my screen. Most of my customers are closed today.  I have my December expenses to do today and my monthly report is due on Friday. I fully expect a slow morning followed by a slower afternoon.

We took down the Christmas tree last night. The house looks so bare and gloomy. If the weather cooperates I will get the lights down outside in the next day or two. Then we have the long gray cold days of January and February to survive. Spring is coming. Just not for a while.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger