January 13, 2012

Mr. Sandman, send me a dream......

I was at a party, a reunion of sorts. All kinds of people from my past were there. I was only a little surprised to see Ernie standing next his wife. who was talking to my buddy Daryl. I headed that way. It was good to see Ernie, and even better to talk to him.  He has been dead for 25 years. He looked good. Daryl and Elaine were deep into their own conversation.

I asked Ernie what he was up to, and he said mostly looking out for Elaine. He asked after my wife and if I had kids.

I told Ernie my brother would be so excited to see him. I asked if I could call Otter and have him come over. Ernie cocked his head and looked at me inquisitively.  Ernie's eyes narrowed and he frowned for a mere second. "Have you ever seen that Bruce Willis movie?" he asked, "the one with the kid?"

"I see dead people" I moaned...

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger