January 13, 2013

Sunday

We met up with my dad for a birthday lunch yesterday. My older brother and his girlfriend and my wife joined my Mom and Dad. My kids and my brother's kid had previous plans.  My Pop will be 75 on Wednesday. He looks like he's about 60. Maybe. He could likely pass as my older brother these days.  I have not aged so well. Dad still plays golf almost every day in the summer. Only in the past summer or two has he started using a cart.

Wow, yesterday was a beautiful day. Who would have imagined temperatures in the 60's in January! Reality and normal winter temperatures are due back this afternoon.  I appreciated the little dose of global warming that swept through the past few days.

I am off to attempt some actual work -- the paying kind. I have a full week scheduled and I have to do some tedious paperwork. I also have to polish a large spreadsheet related to some of my visits last week and get ready for an early Monday meeting. Such is the penalty for spending half of December on vacation.

I hope you have a great Sunday.

1 comment:

Jon Moore said...

Joe,
Enjoy those meals with your dad. Mine died when he was 57.
Whenever anybody poses that lame question, "If you could have dinner with any 3 people in the history of the world, who would they be?", my old man is always on the list.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger