February 25, 2013

Spam- a- rama ding dong

This is a spam comment I got yesterday on a post from April of 2009

Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Superb choice of colors! Feel free to surf to my homepage...
 He/she likes all of the colors on my homepage?  Is there anyone with a sense of color who would label this blog o'crap as anything but stark?

I deleted that nonsense along with about 80 others.

Now the spammers are hitting closer to home.  Like you, I get their worthless attention on the blog. I find their roach tracks in emails asking if I can lend a Nigerian brother a hand getting millions out of his country or asking if I need a loan. Certainly I am going to give my financial info to a person with an AOL or gmail address -- first thing the day after never.

Saturday I got a hand addressed / hand stamped envelope at home telling me I won 2 airline tickets.  The letterhead was clearly photocopied (it was a major airline) and I was instructed to call an 877 number.  A quick google search failed to find the owner of the phone number .The letter came from Arizona. I am seriously thinking about taking it to the Post Office for mail fraud.

No one can seem to stop those sons of slug farts from calling me ten times a day regarding lower interest rates on my credit cards, so I doubt these amateur frauds will get much attention. Besides, when it takes eight days to send a letter 73 miles*, I suspect the Postal Inspectors will get to this in about 2018.


* Yes, I could walk the distance faster than the US Post Office can send it via truck.

1 comment:

diamond dave said...

Akismet does a pretty good job of keeping the spamturds in the toilet where they belong on my Wordpress blog, but I do get some interesting ones in my email. I got several that told me someone ran a background check on me. A website was provided but it was marked red by my WOT (Web Of Trust) plugin for Firefox, meaning visit only at your dire risk. My favorite was a couple emails telling me all about how to access my Fuckbook account. WTF?

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger