March 5, 2013

Riveting commentary and personal anecdotes that will leave you crying for more

I got out of Chi-town late last night to avoid the winter storm bearing down It made for a long day, driving up and back with three meetings in between. But a 14 hour day was far preferable to the long day driving through freezing rain an a half foot or more of snow.

This morning I was up at 5:00, I don't know why.

I had to replace the battery in the boy's car this morning. That is what happens when you do not start a car with a five year-old battery for a month.  I tried jumping it and charging it, but it was D-E-D dead.

When did car batteries get so expensive? I was thinking a battery for a ten year old Honda Civic would run in the neighborhood of $50. It was about twice that. I blame Obama, just because I can.


4 comments:

diamond dave said...

Back in January we had the batteries in both of our vehicles die the same week. At over $100/pop, and having to work reduced hours at work, we elected to keep my wife's minivan running and be a one-car family for the time being.

My elderly 250K Bonneville still sits in the driveway oozing oil. It may sit a while longer. Luckily I work nights when she don't need a vehicle, and pretty much everything we need and everywhere we go is within a 10-15 mile radius.

Ed Bonderenka said...

i had to put a battery in my 2001 Ranger last summer.
I went to a battery shop where they do rebuilding and paid $50.
Imagine my surprise to find that the battery being replaced was original equipment! 11 years old!

mts1 said...

I have an Interstate Batteries warehouse nearby, and they sell refurbished ones for $35. I am a happy customer. If you have one nearby, keep it in mind.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Interstate Batteries rock.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger