April 2, 2013

The second Monday this week

The light bulb exploded in my desk lamp when I turned it on this morning. Exploded. I had to use pliers to get out the pieces. I suppose that warning to use a 60 watt maximum bulb was accurate.

My daughter called just before 8:00. She was at the gas station and her car would not start.  I threw the jumper cables in the car.  It took longer to find the hood release on her VW than it did to get her car running.  i will have to figure out what is wrong after she gets off work.

As I was driving home the wife called on her way to work to let me know the bathroom toilet is clogged.  Hooray, I got to fix that too.

At some point I have to get started on my monthly report.  Too bad I have little to document.

2 comments:

Rita said...

If that sucker was on of those new bulbs that is supposed to be good for the environment you need to call out the Hazmat unit to clean it up.

No kidding. Have you ever read the clean up instructions for those things? I'd rather deal with some radioactive material.

Joe said...

The explody bulb was a standard incandescent.

The new replacement is a pig-tailed, slow-to-light, long-lasting, mercury filled energy saver.

AlGore will be so proud.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger