April 22, 2013

We are going to need a bigger Shop-Vac

The Mid-west has been walloped over the past week or so with lots of rain falling fast. Flooding is the result.

If flood waters were coming under your door, would you concentrate your efforts on cleaning up the mess in your kitchen and living room, or would you find a way to barricade your door to keep the water out first?

Our politicians would somehow have you believe that fixing the immigration problem lies in addressing the illegals already here, and worrying about stopping the incoming flood later.

I maintain our elected representatives have no common sense. I do not care how many towels you throw down, your carpet is still getting wet if you do not stop the water from coming in. And there is no immigration fix without closing the borders.

Block the door with sandbags and stop the incoming water, then clean up the mess. Close the border and then figure out how to clean up the immigration mess.


6 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I see what you did there.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I also see what the spammers are doing there.

Joe said...

I made the spam comments disappear.

hey teacher... said...

The AMAZING Joe and his disappearing SPAM(insert registered trademark here)!!! This could be a smash movie. Starring Chuck Norris as you, (I don't know a lot of conservative actors). Diane Lane as Erin and I'll play myself, I can use the money.
I know this is all totally off topic, but I have tomorrow off and am traveling to Indy to do a campus visit @ IUPUI. Joe, where should we eat???

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

You could always try a food truck.

https://twitter.com/IndyFoodTruck

One of them is going to be in front of the IUPUI lecture hall today, in fact.

Joe said...

I don't know the area around IUPUI too well.

There ar elots of good places downtown. the Colts Grill is OK.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger