May 13, 2013

Does typing "yawn" make you want to?

March12.

That was the last date I turned in expense reports. Today is catch-up day. I have two months of receipts for gas, food, hotel, airlines, office supplies and company car repair to sort by date and enter into the laborious forms required by my company. I traveled extensively in April. May has been equally as busy.  For example, I have 29 separate receipts to enter for the period of April 15 through April 30.  Every receipt requires a separate line item and explanation on the form.  If the receipt is for a business meal, I have to detail who, what, where,  and why for the expense.

It is my own fault I have such a pile of receipts. If I would stay on top of the task, it would not be so overwhelming. I promise myself every time I do my expenses to keep up on a bi-weekly basis. I have vowed to do so going forward as well.

I know I will sit here in early July, bitching about how many expenses I have to report. Some of those will be in foreign currency too.  That is a real headache. I can't read tic tac toe board, house, swirl worth a damn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know your pain, the finance department makes it difficult on purpose. It's all about hoping you will just get tired and take it out of hide.I love the part where you can only rent vehicles from approved companies,read kickback.

James Old Guy

Cappy said...

Does typing Obama make you want to take a shit?

Ed Bonderenka said...

READING Yawn, sets it off...
Just had my expense report handed back to me. Boss is a good guy, but wants receipts numbered and indexed against line items.
And we're not talking travel, only Home Depot.
At least he suggested the companies format is a miserable pain in the posterior.

Jon Moore said...

Lord, I thought I was bad letting mine slide for three weeks. Fuck it, I'm on vacation.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger