May 16, 2013

Living in the Past

I was once told I have an old soul.  I do not know what that means. I know I like to listen to my baseball on the radio. The pace and tempo seem best suited for an audio experience. A good radio announcer will tell you if the infield is in or if a shift is on.  The TV shows only the pitcher and hitter.

There is something about listening to baseball on the radio that brings a nostalgia for days I never lived. I am not so old-fashioned I try to tune in a static-filled weak signal from far off WGN in Chicago to catch the Cub games.  I do have the MLB At Bat app for my iPhone. The crystal clear digital signal is far better for my modern sensibilities.

On the other hand, you can't get the full flavor of this on the radio.  You can't get it on TV either, after all, Harry is dead.


No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger