October 12, 2013

A list for the listless

The grass is ankle high at the current house. It rained all last weekend and I mowed at the new house in the brief interval of non-rain. The yard needs mowed at the new house again. That is today's task, mow both yards. I also have to paint the living room, dining room, family room and hall this weekend. The ONE IN CHARGE has determined the color "we" painted my office is not acceptable and it will have to be repainted too.

I was gone all week for a sales meeting, so I am way behind at work, I have several significant customer visits that must be done sooner rather than later. I swore in August I would never let my expense reports get so far behind again, yet here we are in mid-October and I have not compiled receipts since August.

THE ONE IN CHARGE thinks I need to be there as counter tops and furniture and appliances are chosen, although my opinion is neither solicited nor wanted on the subject. That takes time, as in her world you do not just go buy what you need, you must shop.  In my spare time I suppose we should start packing. Still, you should note I took time for you. You are the best.

3 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Sounds like my mother, who asks for my advice constantly, never takes it, and generally wishes she had later.

Jean said...

"Father Knows Best" was only a TV show ;-)

Anonymous said...

You're a male, thus you are wrong.

James Old Guy

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger