January 5, 2014

Sunday blogging with coffee, Sinatra, and snow

I have never been one to sit around in my pajamas. That is why I will never be a good blogger. That and I wear gym shorts and old T-shirt instead of pajamas anyway. So here I sit wearing yesterday's Indianapolis Colts jersey, still in shock and awe. If you do not follow the NFL, the Colts came back from a 28 point deficit in the second half to beat the Chiefs 45-44. It was indeed a game for the ages.

Over my right shoulder I glance out the window and see the snow coming down hard, straight and thick like movie set snow. The 6-10 inches of expected snow I do not worry about much. I have nowhere to go, and a couple of nice shovels in the garage if I feel the need. The minus 20 temps that will follow bother me a little.  Mostly for my ill-prepared sons, who live in rental properties. The oldest never has groceries and his old car is unlikely to start in the bone-chilling temperatures. As a parent you cannot help worrying. I am also a bit concerned about my elderly parents, but I know they will be prepared as much as possible.

Have a great Sunday and to quote a great old TV show -- Be careful out there.

6 comments:

Cappy said...

Major props to The Colts, now Cappy's team due to Indiana raised son-in-law. Also because the Browns congenitally can't get it together.

Ed Bonderenka said...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/hell-mi/48169/weather-forecast/2211114

Hell is freezing over.
Again.

So you're not "pajama boy"?

hey teacher... said...

It''s been raining steady all day, glad it's not snow.

Thanks for the warning , Phil.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmg86CRBBtw

Anonymous said...

Kind of reminds of the days growing up in Indiana, that was back in the 50's and 60' before global warming was discovered.

James Old Guy

Rita said...

Hey Joe. Can you run over to my house to make sure our pipes don't burst? You can send me a text, I should be able to get it while I'm at the beach. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sure Rita. The day after tomorrow

Joe

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger