April 28, 2014

Absolutely Riveting

"April showers bring May flowers"  is the rhyme we learned in elementary school. If there is any truth to that statement, based on today's weather, May should be bursting out in blooms.  We need the rain, it has been a dry spring so far.

I spent the weekend cleaning up the yard, mowing, trimming. The wife emptied all but the last few boxes in the garage, moving more stuff to the attic, some into the house, more junk to Goodwill. I still need to power wash the patio, but there is no sense in getting everything done in one weekend. If I did, the wife will find less pleasant tasks for me to tackle, like painting the shutters. Nothing pisses her off more than to see me sitting on my ass on a weekend afternoon. I joke. I also acknowledge there is more than a little truth in all humor.

For some good Monday news, JOG has started blogging again. You can find him HERE. If you do not read James, you should. As an added bonus the news of the demise of Velociworld was a bit premature too!

3 comments:

Tam said...

Sorry about the rain; just got my leaky convertible out of the shop this morning, so I reckon it's probably my fault.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Linking JOG.
Good reading.

Anonymous said...

Thanks
James Old Guy

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger