April 21, 2014

Monday Musings

Yesterday was a great day. We had near-perfect weather. All of the kids came for Easter dinner. We continued the tradition of celebrating the life of a Jew by eating ham. After everyone left, the wife and I sat on the patio and enjoyed the sun. I had plenty of yard work to do, but I took the day off. The sticks and old leaves will still be there today or tomorrow or until I do the work to clean it up. I read a bit of The Searchers by Alan Le May. You probably have seen the great John Ford film starring John Wayne based on this novel. If you haven't you are missing one of the true great films.

I had weird dreams all night. I will not go into the details, because I think nothing is more boring than hearing about someone's dreams, and besides, I can't remember most of the details.

I got my laptop back from the home office late Thursday afternoon. The UPS driver was dropping it on the porch just as I pulled into the cul-de-sac from a business trip to southern Indiana. It will take some time to get used to Windows 7 after using XP for so long. But change is part of life. We current dinosaurs must adapt of die.

3 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

This Jew had ham and bacon on his pizza last night, so I'm right there with ya, Joe :)

Erin O'Brien said...

"I think nothing is more boring than hearing about someone's dreams ... "

Really?

Try:

1) The route someone took to get here/there/somewhere ...

2) The details of someone's vegan/low sodium/South Beach/Fill-in-the-Blank diet

3) The details of someone's health troubles (gout, hypertension [often paired with details about their low-sodium diet], acid reflux, blah blah blah) ...

4) All things lawn care.

There are probably others, but you get the drift.

Thanks for dropping in over at my place, Joe

Joe said...

Well shit, I know I am guilty of number 1, a lot. I have many blog posts about traveling the back roads of the midwest.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger