August 3, 2014

Texting the texture of the text

I wish I had something interesting and exciting to share with you.  My life is boring beyond belief.  I do not live in the fast lane, rather I cruise along like a stately '72 Buick driven by a retired accountant. 

Here is a recap of my Saturday. I woke around 6:30.  Drank a couple of cups of coffee and watched an old movie while surfing the interwebs. Turned off the movie 'cause it was boring and started another.  Paused it while I ate some cereal. After the movie I read until it was time for lunch. Not even 24 hours has passed and I cannot remember what I ate. I helped the wife clean house. I dusted and ran the sweeper. She cleaned the bathrooms and mopped the floors (most of the downstairs is wood).  I fixed a BBQ ranch chicken salad for supper. After cleaning the mess, I retired to the patio where I smoked a stogie and read until dark. 

Don't get me wrong, it was a good Saturday. But not the stuff of novels or movies or even exciting blog fodder. I suppose, if you even read this far, you would agree.   Perhaps I should have followed my first instinct and posted a music video.

1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

The stuff of movies is having the protagonist under constant threat, relentless danger.
Longing for life in the Shire.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger