November 1, 2014

Seasonably seasonable

It was a blustery, cold, windy, and wet Halloween. It snowed. Hard. Luckily the ground was warm and it did not stick.  I guess I have to face the fact the warm days of summer are in the past.  Boots and gloves and snow are my life for the next three or four months.  I don't mind much. The heat of summer makes us enjoy the crisp fall air.  The cold bare winter makes us appreciate the green and bloom of spring. The May showers are replaced by the hot breath of a summer evening.

Ah, that is bullshit; give me warm weather all year 'round.

3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Amen.

Jean said...

We had a relatively mild summer here. No snow so far.
If it could be 70 during the day and 50 at night, I'd think I was in heaven.

Fredd said...

I live near Chicago, but not from here (thank God). I don't want to die here, though, but work mandates my environs currently.

Had a few flakes of snow Halloween morning. When work thing is done, we're out of here. Not going to miss the huge property taxes. Or huge sales tax. Or huge income tax, none of that. Going to a state a little more retirment friendly.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger