January 19, 2015

The Art of Packing

if you have read this piece o'crap blog for very long you likely know that I am a salesman. The kind that travels to my customers. I have been doing this for more than twenty years. By my best gestimation I have flown more than 900 flights and driven more than a million miles. I have been to nearly every state and ten foreign countries. I have mastered the art of packing a suitcase. It takes me about ten minutes to pack for a four or five day trip and much of that time is spent choosing what to wear. I rarely over pack, but I do plan for contingencies: usually an extra shirt, and small clothes.

I always laugh when we get ready to pack for a vacation. My wife insists on packing the suitcases. She is confident only she can fold and arrange the stuff in a proper manner. I explained I don't show up at my customers rumpled and wrinkled, but I might as well explain the the Federal assault at Cold Harbor, she has no interest In what I have to say. She over packs, wastes space and still does not get that shoes are bulky and heavy, and it is not necessary to have a different pair for every outfit.

Oh well, I gave up that fight a long time ago. I'm off to get ready for a business trip.

Edit: it just took me 4 minutes to pack enough for four days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to be common problem, I can pack up for a four day trip with one small suitcase to include computers in 10 minutes. I need to call a moving company to go on vacation which is less than two hours away. The fact that I have to come back home every three days on vacation has no impact on the amount of packing. I do need a portable Keurig, hotel coffee sucks and I am addicted.

JOG

Ed Bonderenka said...

I used to have my B4 bsg packed like you, in record time (out of necessity). I no longer bother. Uphill battle, no ROI.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger