April 23, 2015

Daddy, what did you do during the War on Women?

i had a need to recycle my morning coffee, so I pulled into a rest stop in south central LandofLincolnstan. My knees and ankles were stiff as I gimped up the slight incline of the sidewalk. As I neared the doors I heard a sharp clip clap behind me. Glancing in the glass I saw a woman coming up the walk about ten yards behind me.

I opened the door and stood aside for her to enter. She was in her late twenties, maybe mid-thirties, I did not look that close. She wore a nice business suit and heels, the source of the noise on the sidewalk. She looked straight ahead as she neared me, and as she came to me she said, just loud enough for me to hear "I can open a door".  Speechless, I pushed open the door marked 'men' wondering when manners went out of style.

6 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Bitch.

Anonymous said...

Liberal Bitch

Jean said...

needs a bitch-slap.

Ed Bonderenka said...

"Yes, but can you be polite?"

B said...

"Yes, but can you be polite"

I'm gonna use that next time it happens to me.


And it has.

Rita said...

The first word that came to my mind has already been said, but Ed wins the comment award. You need to be quicker on your feet (I mean lips, you know).

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger