August 19, 2015

I will take Hump Day for $200, Alex

The company is closed today for a company outing, so I have the day off work.  That does not mean I won't be working. I have some emails to deal with and some travel arrangements to make for next week's excursions into capitalism. Plus, I am sure the wife has a list as long as her arm of stuff I should be doing instead of whatever I am doing.  It is supposed to rain so many outside chores can be dodged under the threat of being washed out. I think I will milk changing the furnace filter and adding salt to the water softener as real work.

I threw a couple of burgers on the grill for supper last night. Grilled sweet corn, baked beans and tomatoes fresh from my tomato patch rounded out the feast. It was better than a fancy meal from a Michelin-starred eatery in my opinion. We should have eaten out on the patio instead of inside, but that is a minor detail.

My coffee mug needs refilled and I can hear my granddaughter downstairs. If you are looking for a political rant you won't find it in this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Went to work for 2 hrs , home for the rest of the day. The pooch with Diabetes now has an infection from a bad tooth. So more meds, and now we get to do the glucose check, sadly the pooch doesn't understand get his ear pricked every few hours. The vet loaned her kit to us, so this will be a short term duration event. So after the infection is fixed, and his insulin is finally stabilized we will only be doing a check every month or so. Thanks to Amazon prime kit will be here on friday,so all is well for now.

James Old Guy

Joe said...

I hope the dogs insulin is less expensive than mine

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger